At Centro Medico Latino, we are committed to assist you in one of the most important processes in the couple’s life. To help you grow your family. Although sometimes there might be difficulties during this journey and one of them could be infertility.
Infertility: Is the inability of a sexually active, non contracepting couple to achieve pregnancy within one year. The ASRM (Association for Reproductive Medicine) states that 1 out of 8 couples have trouble with conceiving. Infertility is a treatable condition.
When to seek help:
- After trying to conceive for one year without success.
- History of miscarriage or infertility
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- History of Sexually Transmitted disease
- Reproductive condition
Diagnosis begins with medical histories of both:
- Reproductive history
- PAP Smear (Female)
- Physical Exam
- Blood work
- Hormonal evaluation
- Semen Analysis (Male)
- Female Anatomy:
- A) Ultrasound of Ovaries and uterus
- B) Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) for structural problems. This is an x-ray test performed at the hospital that looks inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes.
For a woman to be fertile her body must produce healthy eggs that will meet with sperms in a healthy uterus. Fertility might be affected due to the following problems:
- Ovulation disorders
- Fallopian tubes damage or blockage
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Elevated prolactin
- Early menopause
- Uterine fibroids
- Pelvic adhesions
- Advance maternal age (Late 30’s early 40’s)
For a male to be fertile his sperms must be healthy. Fertility might be affected due to the following problems:
- Sperm abnormalities
- Low sperm count
- Sperm immobility or impaired movement
- Impaired delivery of sperm
- Advance paternal age.
Other factors of infertility that both partners might experience are:
- Cigarette smoking
- Alcohol or drug consumption
At Centro Medico Latino, we are pleased to assist you with 2 treatments:
- 1. Ovulation treatment with home intercourse
- 2. Ovulation treatment with IUI (Intrauterine Insemination)
Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) also known as artificial insemination takes place when millions of sperms are placed directly into the uterus by a medical provider.
Fertility drugs might be used to stimulate ovulation.
Ovulation is monitored closely
Hormone injection (HCG) is used to prompt time ovulation.
The procedure will take place at the clinic and the day of the procedure, the man needs to provide a semen sample on the morning of the insemination which will be inserted into the uterus through a fine catheter and it is painless.