You can maintain your health or find medical issues faster with a family doctor. This professional has the training to care for all ages of patients, and they are able to find an assortment of medical problems along with providing routine health care. If you select a family doctor when you or your children are younger, then the professional will get to know you and everyone else in the family. The physician’s office staff will keep medical records and insurance information about you to keep track of your health problems.
A family doctor takes care of children, teenagers and adults, helping everyone to stay on top of their health. With a yearly examination or other routine visits, you can manage a chronic health issue, or it is possible to prevent many medical problems. Here are some of the services offered by our family physician:
• Physical examinations – for school, sports, camping or work
• Immunizations – childhood or yearly immunizations
• Throat swabs – collecting throat swab specimens for strep throat
• Prescriptions – writing prescriptions for a variety of health conditions
• Stitches – providing stitches for a small laceration
• Endoscopies – checking the condition of the throat or stomach
• Family planning – preparing birth control devices
• Cancer screenings – checking the skin or feeling the body for signs of cancer
• Casts – preparing a cast for a broken bone
• Education – teaching you how to inject insulin
How Often Should You Visit a Family Doctor?
You might wonder how often you should have a physical examination from our physician, and we recommend having one each year. Patients such as infants or toddlers will visit us frequently for childhood immunizations and other issues. We also provide care for children with chronic or temporary illnesses. Men can visit our family physician for prostate cancer screening and other examinations. Women will need care before pregnancy to overcome infertility issues and for cancer screenings.
Our physician will look inside the mouth of patients for problems, and they can recommend a great dentist when there is an oral health issue. Our physician is interested in the entire health of a patient, so they may discuss issues with you that include losing weight to alleviate the pain in the joints or avoiding bad habits such as smoking cigarettes. If you feel embarrassed about visiting a new physician, then visiting our family physician will feel more familiar.
It is easier for parents to bring a frightened child to us for treatment because the child will know our physician, making it a less stressful experience. Centro Médico Latino, PC is conveniently located in Charlotte, South Boulevard, and Monroe, NC. Contact us today to schedule your appointment!